RE: LDAP C API -> Informational

Title: RE: LDAP C API -> Informational

I agree.

> I recognize the need to have a specification we can reference
> sooner than later.  I see publishing what we have now as
> information provides a specification which we can unify under.
> We can resolve the larger issues as a follow-on effort.

I agree about the need to resolve the issues. I don't see the need to publish a spec with all the problems you listed as an Informational; for the purposes of getting to Proposed, it could remain a draft, and still provide the needed unification point.

> > If the highest priority is really the need to let LDAPEXT conclude,
> > then we should just drop the work item from the charter.
>
> I actually support spinning off separate working groups for
> may items on the current LDAPext charter...  personally, I
> like to see LDAPext focus on AuthMeth, StartTLS, and RFC2251bis.

I would also be happy with a new WG for LDAP API.

Paul