RE: AuthMeth issue summary

Title: RE: AuthMeth issue summary

We are in complete agreement on the last point, and in fact on all the previous ones you mentioned, _except_ for the claim that this is a deficiency of SASL/Digest, or even the province of SASL to specify.

I'm certainly happy to have the LDAP WG specify a canonical form of user names that are LDAP DNs, and to recommend that systems that use DNs as their user name support it. However, from SASL's point of view, the only requirement is that the same string be used consistently.

Paul