RE: AuthMeth issue summary

Title: RE: AuthMeth issue summary

I don't believe that most of this is the province of SASL.

1. Authenticate protocols authenticate identities. They don't care what the identities _are_.
2. Authorization mechanisms deal with issues like group membership, not authentication protocols.
3. Ditto with capabilities.
4. Ditto with account expiration.

Paul