Re: LDAPsubentry

Ed Reed wrote:

> Hmmm...I made it structural, because that's how the X.500 subentry
> is defined...I can see doing it either way.
>
> Any reaction from the X.500 community?  Does it matter to you,
> one way or the other?  To be clear, the draft specifies ldapSubEntry
> to be STRUCTURAL, and Kurt's proposal is to make it ABSTRACT,
> instead.

The reason why it should be structural is because ObjectClasses
like subSchema, collectiveAttributeSubentry or AccessControlSubentry
are auxiliary and every entry should have a structural ObjectClass,
that means if the Subentry ObjectClass is abstract I need another
structural ObjClass for the subentries.
I also didn't understand the real reason why it should be abstract ?

Helmut

> Ed
>
> =================
> Ed Reed
> Reed-Matthews, Inc.
> +1 801 785 0315
> http://www.OnCallDBA.COM

> Forwarded to owning WG...
>
> >To: Ed_Reed@Novell.com
> >From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.Org>
> >Cc: ietf-ldapext@netscape.com
> >
> >I would like to see LDAP subentry be an abstract object class
> >to which is then subclassed as necessary to provide structure
> >(including naming attributes).
> >
> >As defined, LDAP subentry requires cn.  This may not be appropriate
> >for LDAP subentries.   I suggest:
> >
> >( ldapSubEntryOID NAME 'ldapSubEntry'
> >   DESC 'LDAP Subentry abstract class, version 1'
> >     SUP top ABSTRACT )
> >
> >( cnSubEntryOID NAME 'cnSubEntry'
> >   DESC 'CN LDAP Subentry class, version 1'
> >     SUP ldapSubEntry STRUCTURAL
> >     MUST ( cn ) )
> >
> >Your schema definition would then be split as appropriate between
> >the abstract class and the structural class.
> >
> >Regards, Kurt

>    TEXT.htmName: TEXT.htm
>            Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
begin:vcard
n:Volpers;Helmut
tel;fax:+49-89-63645860
tel;home:+49-89-1576588
tel;work:+49-89-63646713
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.siemens.com/bus-com/
adr:;;Otto-Hahn-Ring 6;Munich;;81730;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:Helmut.Volpers@icn.siemens.de
title:Directory Server Architect
x-mozilla-cpt:;30160