RE: LDAPDN and AuthMeth/DIGEST-MD5

Title: RE: LDAPDN and AuthMeth/DIGEST-MD5

I strenuously object to any LDAP-specific authentication protocol being required.

There are dozens of application protocols -- if they all took this approach, it will be in practice impossible to get all of their specific authentication mechanisms correct.

The correct approach to security is to put all your eggs in one basket (or at worst a few baskets) and then guard the baskets very carefully.

Paul