Re: I-D ACTION:draft-mmeredit-rootdse-vendor-info-00.txt

"Kurt D. Zeilenga" wrote:

> If published at all, I would suggest it be published as
> informational.
>
> I would rather see us define attribute types to document
> existence on specific features instead of relying on vendor
> naming/version information.  Otherwise, as vendors start implementing
> each others features, we'll end up with same ( xxx compatible )
> crap that has plagued HTTP services.

I agree completely. Our experience with this is that once you publish
information about server versions in the root DSE, client implementors
start to do silly things, like refuse to work with any version of your
server other than the one they certified with.