Re: Details on TCP sequence numbers (RE: C API: minor comments)

"Paul Leach (Exchange)" wrote:

> [...]

Probably true, but CLDAP is out of scope in my view until we see a CLDAP
protocol draft.

> BTW: if the design weren't so far along, I'd have the API _return_ the ID it
> used, instaed of having the caller assign them.

The C LDAP API calls do return a message id that is generated by the
underlying implementation.

--
Mark Smith
iPlanet Directory Architect / Sun-Netscape Alliance