Re: C API: minor comments

Mark Smith wrote:
> Ouch.

I guess I should have put a :-) on that comment.  :-)

> But I agree that they should be queued by default.  Do we really
> expect so many unsolicited notifications to be sent so as to overwhelm a
> client?

No.  I hope that unsolicited notifications would be minimal under
usual conditions.  The only time I could think that a client
could get overwhelmed is that if it enabled some feature which
caused lots of unsolicited notifications (such as enabling
some sort of monitoring) to be sent.  Of course, clients enabling
such features should be expecting the notifications.  Also, note,
with the introduction of ExtendedPartialResponse, such (ab)uses
of unsolicited notification might never be created.

> The only one that is defined is the notice of disconnection
> from 2251.  Are there any other examples in practice?

Not that I am aware of.

Kurt