RE: "Authz IDs as only DNs" (in acl-reqts and acl-model) issue

According to 2251:
Entries MAY contain, among others, the following operational
   attributes, defined in [5]. These attributes are maintained
   automatically by the server and are not modifiable by clients:
   - creatorsName: the Distinguished Name of the user who added this
     entry to the directory.

According to 2252:
creatorsName

   This attribute SHOULD appear in entries which were created using the
   Add operation.

Ditto for modifiersName.

It seems to me that if the creatorsName isn't a DN, because the authzid
wasn't a DN, then that's a good reason why the above can't be done, and
hence they are not required by 2251 or 2252 to be done.