integer ordering matching rule and RFC2252

Hi.

Suppose I want to define an integer-valued attribute. In X.500-93
this might look something like:

myCounter ATTRIBUTE ::= {
  WITH SYNTAX INTEGER
  EQUALITY MATCHING RULE id-mr-integerMatch
  ORDERING MATCHING RULE id-mr-integerOrderingMatch
  ID id-at-myCounter }

Now I want to express this thing in the RFC2252 syntax.
As far as I can tell, the IETF hasn't registered an integer
ordering matching rule. It has been suggested that I
could just use the registered rule from X.500. That is,
suppose I write:

( <numerid OID here>
  NAME 'myCounter'
  DESC 'An attribute to represent a counter'
  EQUALITY integerMatch
  ORDERING mumble
  SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.27
)

and then the suggestion is that "mumble" can be
id-mr-integerOrderingMatch from X.500. Can I do this?
If I can, why couldn't I use X.500's id-mr-integerMatch
instead of RFC2252's integerMatch?

Thanks for any clarification. -- al