Re: Comments on aci-model-04

> Here's my suggested mapping:
>
> LDAP Op             Right Req.
>
> Add entry           add ( on parent entry )
OK
> Delete entry             delete ( on entry )
OK
> Modify an attribute      write ( on attribute )
>      - includes adding, deleting or replacing values.

I would prefer add on attribute to add an attribute and delete on
attribute to delete an attribute. To replace you would need both
permissions. There may be times when you are happy for someone
to add information, but not remove it. Hence separate permissions
for adding and removing.

> Search ( ret. attributes only )    search on attribute

I think this should be read on attribute in order to return it
and search on attribute in order to use it in a filter (presence in a
filter without search permission will yield undefined)

> Search ( ret attr + values )  search and read on attribute

See above. We might also require read on the entry in order to
return the entry. Without this the entry would be omitted from the
Search results.

> Compare             compare

Compare on attributes. Attributes without this permission would
return false.
David