RE: Match rule to dereference pointers

David-

I've seen your other mail, and I just haven't had a chance to
respond to it, but maybe this will poke me :-(...

| Ryan et al
|
| I have been reading your ID and trying to puzzle out your schema
| and syntax, and how it fits in with the existing LDAPv3 specs. I cant
| quite make it all fit together. Here are my problems:
|
| i) Your dereferencingMatch rule has a syntax of ....12, which means
| a DN. Hence, according to my understanding, user presented
| values must be DNs. But yours do not appear to be, but rather the
| user presented values seem to be filters. Therefore you need to
| define a new LDAPv3 attribute syntax for filter, and allocate it an
| OID. YOu will need to liaise with Mark Wahl about the next available
| OID number in the series.

I'll have to revisit that part of the draft, but if what you are saying
is correct, then yes, we definitely have to change it.  Thanks for
the comment...

| ii) When you use extensibleMatch, then according to RFC 2254 the
| first component should be the attribute type to be matched on (first
| alternative of two possible ones). Again your examples do not seem
| to be an attribute type, but rather they have the string targetDN as
| the attribute type. Therefore can I suggest as a minimum that you
| define a new dummy attribute type of targetDN and give it an OID,
| and give it the appropriate semantics.

As per your other mail, I will ignore this...

Ryan