Re: vendorACI attribute in draft-ietf-ldapext-acl-model-04.txt

No, I don't think we should specify the attribute type for access
control information at all (except for the LDAPv3 scheme).  In other
words, the aCIMechanism should just specify the OID for a scheme and
clients and servers that have knowledge of a particular scheme will just
need to know what attribute type is used for storing the access control
information.  I just don't think we can mandate use of a particular type
like vendorACI.  Some schemes may use more than one attribute type.  And
so on.

--
Mark Smith
iPlanet Directory Architect / Sun-Netscape Alliance