RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ldapext-ldapv3-dupent-02.txt

Right, I included those errors for cases where a search may succeed, but the use of the control causes a failure. I tried to limit the error types to those that could be caused by servicing the control.  I believe the server side sort and virtual list view controls do this as well.

Jim

>>> "Salter, Thomas A" <Thomas.Salter@unisys.com> 10/18/99 08:17AM >>>
Why does this control define its own error results?  Can't these error
conditions all be handled in the error result of the search operation?  If
not, how do the two error conditions interact?  Is it possible for the
search to succeed, but the control to fail?