Re: draft-...-java-api-07 -LDAPConnection.getAuthenticationPassword()

I agree, there ought to be a way to determine the type of authentication.

I don't like returning null, though, as that means "no authentication has
been performed" which may not be the case.  Maybe there ought to be
a more generic function, i.e. return a credential and let the mechanism figure
out what to do with it.

LDAPRebindAuth has the same sort of problem, it is tied to a password, where it probably ought to
be tied to a credential.  This class implies that you can only follow referrals if doing simple authentication.

- Steve Sonntag

--
>Mark Smith

Steve Sonntag