proposed change for matched values only control

I propose changing the matched values only (MVO) control, defined as a
Boolean in <draft-ietf-ldapext-matchedval-01.txt> to the following (pardon
any errors in the ASN.1).

        SimpleFilter ::= SEQUENCE OF SimpleFilterItem

        SimpleFilterItem ::= CHOICE {
                equalityMatch   [3]
AttributeValueAssertion,
                substrings      [4]
SubstringFilter,
                greaterOrEqual  [5]
AttributeValueAssertion,
                lessOrEqual     [6]
AttributeValueAssertion,
                present         [7]
AttributeDescription,
                approxMatch     [8]
AttributeValueAssertion,
                extensibleMatch [9]
MatchingRuleAssertion }

Attributes given in any of the SimpleFilterItem(s) must also be listed (or
implied) in the attributes parameter of the SearchRequest.  I realize that
this change would break compatibility with the matchedValuesOnly boolean
parameter of the X.511 (93) DAP
Search operation.  I also think that there are problems with the way that
parameter, and the MVO control are defined.

Bruce
Bruce Greenblatt, Ph. D.
Directory Tools and Application Services, Inc.
http://www.directory-applications.com