RE: Attribute names not Internationalized ?

The real reason is that attribute names are part of the protocol.  If the
names are internationalized, then ldap servers and clients must also be
changed to support the internationalized names.  It then becomes extremely
difficult to produce products that interoperate.

The way to internationalize attribute names is to write clients that
translate the attribute name found in the protocol into the appropriate
local-language equivalent (based on some configuration table).

It's best to think of the attribute names defined in RFC 2252, 2256 and
elsewhere as fixed, meaningless strings that are never exposed to the end
user.  In fact, there would be less confusion if they were all just object
ids.

Tom