Re: Attribute names not Internationalized ?

When I looked into this I decided it was becasue of an X.409 restriction on the allowable characters in names. It said something about only ascii digits and letters, and a dash.  I also remember It went further to say the dash could not end a name, nor could there be two dashes together (-- is an ASN.1 comment).  So LDAP servers which front-end X.500 directories could concievebly run into problems if the restriction on allowable characters was relaxed.  I'm not sure that's the real reason, and I don't have a copy of x.409 handy to verify these memories.

Jim

>>> sanjay jain <sanjay.jain@software.com> 10/7/99 11:42:54 AM >>>

attribute names have not been internationalized.
Does anybody know what's the reason ?

thanks
sanjay