Re: draft-ietf-ldapext-ldap-c-api-03 & timeout

Ed Reed wrote:

> Such higher level APIs are candidates for development in the
> Directory Interoperability Forum SDK group, would you agree?
>
> Ed

Maybe so, but I haven't seen a draft for what services this SDK would
provide.  Has a list of possible features been posted?  -- did I miss
it?

The reason for keeping the timeout mechanism simple, is to eliminate
some of the nasty complexities of managing the timeout.  A similar
argument can be made for connection pooling.  I am in favor of keeping
the timeout mechanism simple, as the draft specifies, though that
doesn't mean that my opinion can't be swayed.

-ch

Netscape isn't responsible for content, grammar or spelling