Re: draft-ietf-ldapext-ldap-c-api-03 & timeout

The timeout mechanism provided in the C API draft is very simple.  While
I agree that more complex and full featured timeouts are desirable,
applications are able to implement those themselves on top of the
defined ldap_result() interface.  Therefore, I suggest we defer this
feature for now but revive it as an API extension if there is enough
interest.

--
Mark Smith
iPlanet Directory Architect / Sun-Netscape Alliance