RE: Multiple extended responses per request

If you provide for "detached processes", i.e. long-duation operations that
can continue beyond the scope of the connection that created them, it seems
like you're creating a whole new mechanism for the server. It would
effectively provide a batch procesing facility where clients submit commands
to be processed, and then disconnect from the server. The status of the
commands can then be monitored from anywhere using SNMP.

A neat idea, and not hard to put together a prototype. It also takes the
status notification issue out of the LDAP protocol, which may be a good
thing. Though I don't think this is where the conversation wants to go;
Roger just wants the option of multiple responses in extensions, if I
understand him properly.

-gil