RE: The proposed ;valuesSince-xxx option

I take your point.

I could equally use:

commonName;returnAllValuesOfAttributeInThisServer,

or even

unknownAttribute;executeprocedure{SELECT COUNT(*) FROM basetable}.

I just feel that the idea of attaching attributes to attributes (time of
update of attribute value) id foreign to the Directory model and that
the option specified is an invitation to have the directory perform
non-directory functions. LDAP seems to encourage the view that we simply
have a repository and a protocol and we can change either to suit our
current requirements. Maybe I'm old-fashioned (sigh).