Re: Sanity check - LDAP DSA Schema

Hi,
   According to what I understood from the proposal "ldapApplicationEntity" class has its SUP as "top" and "ldapDSA" class has its SUP as "ldapApplicationEntity". Now this is confusing to me.

I guess I didnot catch the gist of the "ldapDSA" class. I think "ldapApplicationEntity" should have "ldapDSA" as its SUP. Cause the way I expect it to act is locate the ldapDSA, which provide me routes to the ldap applications that I am interested in.

  From the point of a client I would like to query all the LDAP DSA's which support the LDAP application(s) satisfying my needs. My goal is to get to the LDAP applications. Also, the ldapDSA may host the application on the local server or a remote server. These ldap applications may offer different quality of service and I may need certain preferred QoS.

  Does that make sense to you folks or am I on a different planet!

Thanks
SG

Sukanta Ganguly
Research Scientist
Novell Inc
Phone 801-861-5190

>>> "Ed Reed" <ed_reed@novell.com> 08/31/99 07:58PM >>>
Attached is a short schema description of an LDAP directory service agent object class (ldapDSA), that makes use of labeledURI presentation addresses instead of OSI ones.  If there's no violent opposition, I expect to make the LDUP information model refer to these definitions (they're broken out here from the LDUP schema for the same reason we broke out the ldapSubEntry definition - 'cause they seem more generally useful than for just LDUP).

Ed

Ed Reed, Technologist
Novell Product Management
+1 801 222 3944 (new number!)