RE: Schema for Java objects and AD (draft-ryan-java-schema-01.rev.txt)

At 09:56 AM 8/24/99 -0700, Manish Gupta wrote:
>It worked fine when we
>changed the  mustContain attributes to mayContain. So, my  question is how
>do we proceed forward since we do need to support AD as  well? Manish

I think that you've answered the question yourself.  Since Microsoft does
not currently support auxiliary class definitions that have mandatory
attributes, you must modify the definitions so that those attributes are
optional before extending the Microsoft schema.  Thus, your application
should enforce the real schema since Microsoft's implementation won't do
this work for you.

Bruce
Bruce Greenblatt, Ph. D.
Directory Tools and Application Services, Inc.
http://www.directory-applications.com