Re: Returning single values from multivalued attributes

David Boreham wrote:

> Helmut Volpers wrote:
>

> > > I find it surprising and confusing that the behavior is different when
> > > an attribute has multiple values vs. when it only has one.
> >
> > I didn't follow the complete discusion but what is surprising ?
> > When I have a single valued attribute I don't need a matchedValuesOnly
> > because if it
> > match you get it back and need no additional flag.
>
> I think the problem is that you might not know in advance whether it's
> single or multi-valued.

I mean you must not know whether it's single or multivalued, you should
get it back if it matches if matchedValuesOnly is that, independant
whether its single or multivalued.
begin:vcard
n:Volpers;Helmut
tel;fax:+49-89-63645860
tel;home:+49-89-1576588
tel;work:+49-89-63646713
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.siemens.com/bus-com/
adr:;;Otto-Hahn-Ring 6;Munich;;81730;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:Helmut.Volpers@icn.siemens.de
title:Directory Server Architect
x-mozilla-cpt:;30160