RE: Alias dereferencing in non-search operations

X.500 uses dont deref alaias in a List operation also by default  - so
that one can browse a tree (with a List) more efficiently and see an
entry's subordinates and its subordinate alias enties. LDAP however,
does not have a list and uses a one level search so when there is a one
level search in LDAP one has to make a choice if one wants to see the
alias entries or the ones they reference.
ie.  LDAP lets the user have two different results for the same thing.
Its a good job LDAP is less complex eh..:-)

regards alan