Re: Returning single values from multivalued attributes

I agree that a control is a better way to implement it.

Chris.

David Chadwick wrote:

> Date sent:              Thu, 05 Aug 1999 15:44:36 -0400
> From:                   Chris Apple <capple@att.com>
> Send reply to:          capple@att.com
> To:                     D.W.Chadwick@ITI.salford.ac.uk
> Copies to:              ietf-ldapext@netscape.com
> Subject:                Re: Returning single values from multivalued attributes
>
> > I already have a need for such a feature. I was considering use of an
> > extensible matching rule to implement the same sort of thing.
> > Unfortunately, I don't have time to contribute to the document.
> >

> This could be made to work of course, but a control would be better
> I think, since existing matching rules can then be used, and this
> maintains compatibility with X.500 which already has a boolean in
> the DAP to switch the feature on and off.
>
> David

> David Chadwick
> IS Institute, University of Salford, Salford M5 4WT
> Tel +44 161 295 5351  Fax +44 161 745 8169
> Mobile +44 790 167 0359
> *NEW* Email D.W.Chadwick@salford.ac.uk *NEW*
> Home Page  http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/chadwick.htm
> Understanding X.500  http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/X500.htm
> X.500/LDAP Seminars http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/seminars.htm
> Entrust key validation string MLJ9-DU5T-HV8J

Chris Apple                     Business Site: AnyWho Directory Service
Internet Directory Group                       http://www.anywho.com
AT&T Labs
capple@control.att.com
+1 973 236 6470                 Tired of slow directories?  Try AnyWho.