Re: LDAP Knowledge draft

> Perhaps the draft should mention in the security section ..
> This mechanism is only applied in read only, non authenticated systems

We have been through this before and we agree that password
based authentication does require replication everywhere, but PKI
based authentication does not if certificates and CRls can first be
retrieved without authentication.

David

> regards alan

David Chadwick
IS Institute, University of Salford, Salford M5 4WT
Tel +44 161 295 5351  Fax +44 161 745 8169
Mobile +44 790 167 0359
*NEW* Email D.W.Chadwick@salford.ac.uk *NEW*
Home Page  http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/chadwick.htm
Understanding X.500  http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/X500.htm
X.500/LDAP Seminars http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/seminars.htm
Entrust key validation string MLJ9-DU5T-HV8J