RE: Authmeth/DIGEST-MD5

As a hypothetical scenario, I understand that.

However, I don't see any compelling reason why a single server should need
to be so configured. Especially since it creates the problems you mentioned.
In your hosting scenario, all the hosted parties have to trust whoever runs
the server, so they can just put all the user accounts into one realm for
the server. (They can still be separately administered.)

Paul