Re: Authmeth/DIGEST-MD5

Rob Byrne - Sun Microsystems wrote:
> Did you get a reply to the question below which you sent to ldapext ? I
> didn't see any reply, but I may have missed it.

No reply yet.  [trimmed message forwarded to LDAPext...]

>Kurt wrote:
>> "What should the value of the DN field be client's initial
>> BIND/SASL/DIGEST-MD5 request?

Can a server require a DN in the request?  (to determine which realm
to response with)

>> If empty, how should servers determine which realm to respond?

Could place authzid into credentials of first request?

>> If non-empty, how should servers to clients providing empty DN?

(should read "how should servers respond to clients providing empty DN?")
Would an empty DN cause a default realm to be sent?  Or an cause
a fallback to anonymous bind (yuk)?  or...?

>> What should the value of the DN field be for second request?
>>
>> If value differs from initial request, what should the server's
>> response be?"

	Kurt