Re: ADSI and RFC 2251

At 14:39 15.07.99 +1000, Ron Ramsay wrote:

C. (unrelated) Apparently RFC 2251 will be updated. Will this be done
through I-Ds and the list or can the authors just go ahead and make the
changes.
Given that RFC 2251 is on the IETF standards track, it will definitely
be updated by publishing I-Ds and ensuring public review and consensus
before an updated document is published.
See RFC 2026 for the details.

Standards-track documents are NEVER updated without community review.

                      Harald A

--
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, Maxware, Norway
Harald.Alvestrand@maxware.no