RE: Tw bobs worth on TOP, LDAP standards process and subschemasub entry attribute usage in rootDSE

I agree with Alan that one cannot re-define the most fundamental of objects
in an object-oriented system and have it continue to work.

There are formal ways to extend these objects, they are 1)  Structural
Classes that inherit TOP and extend it as neccesary
and 2) Auxilliary Classes that dynamically extend an existing Structural
Class at the time an object is added.

To date, it appears that it is only Microsoft that is non-conformant.  A
clear message needs to be sent about this.

I think *some* people are emotively defending the right for IETF to diverge
from ISO/ITU, rather than objectively looking at the facts, the problem, and
the ramifications.

I request that it is put to a *VOTE*, that the TOP used in LDAP conforms to
the ISO/ITU definition of TOP.

Andew Probert
Rotek Consulting   http://www.rotek.com.au
a Division of Secure Network Solutions