RE: RFC2256: userPassword

One might argue that a user should know their format, rather than
allowing users to read their password in order to figure out the
format, as a security point.  If this level of complexity isn't
acceptable to a user base then it should perhaps be left to the
group which maintains the directory to write web interfaces, etc.,
which take care of the decoration choice.

Robert Allen
rja@Eng.Sun.COM