RE: LDAP Tree Delete Control - draft-armijo-ldap-treedelete-01.txt

I certainly understand the text of the draft.  I'm pointing out that I was
reluctant to create a control that explicitly contradicts the operation to
which it is intended to be attached.  RFC 2251 is certainly silent on the
issue of what a control may do (at least there is nothing obvious in
4.1.12).  I'd just be cautious in this instance in creating a control that
appears to allow the delete operation to contradict the protocol
specification.  What's the advantage in using a control for this versus an
extended operation?

Bruce