RE: RFC2256: userPassword

This has nothing to do with replication, as far as I can see. If I'm a
client of LDAP, and I want to check if a user name and password that I have
been given go together, then I need to know what hash to use so I can
compare with what's stored in the userPassword attribute on that user's
account object in the directory. Seems like you are saying that its
different for each different vendor.

Paul