Re: RFC2256: userPassword

David,

David Boreham wrote:

> Paul Collins wrote:
>
> > Why are they world-readable in the first place? I figured authentication
>
> They aren't. It's a philisophical position that they
> can be read, somehow. This is why we use one-way
> hashes for passwords rather than storing cleartext.

How do you replicate one-way hashed passwords to any other server ?
Can you make a LDIF dump (for backup) and load the data to another
server ?

Is the question really how to store it in the server ? the question is
how
the password goes over the wire.

Helmut
begin:vcard
n:Volpers;Helmut
tel;fax:+49-89-63645860
tel;home:+49-89-1576588
tel;work:+49-89-63646713
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.siemens.com/bus-com/
adr:;;Otto-Hahn-Ring 6;Munich;;81730;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:Helmut.Volpers@icn.siemens.de
title:Directory Server Architect
x-mozilla-cpt:;30160