Re: RFC2256: userPassword

Mark,
	Of course.  I agree completely and was not suggesting
that passwords be in the clear inside of the the directory.
However I go a step further and note that having easily
decrypted (i.e. hashed) passwords in the directory is not
significantly more secure against attacks, just (as you note)
against accidental exposure.

	Before security can be built into a system people
have to agree what is being secured, and what it's being
secured against.

Thanks,

Robert
rja@Eng.Sun.COM