[Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-good-ldap-ldif-04.txt]

(Sorry for omitting the description of changes!)

I've submitted a new version of the LDIF draft. Here is a summary of the differences since the last version. The URL for the draft is http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-good-ldap-ldif-04.txt.

   Differences between draft-good-ldap-ldif-03.txt and draft-good-ldap-
   ldif-04.txt

   1) The grammar now requires that an LDIF file end with one or more
   SEP sequences (newlines). This was inadvertantly prohibited in
   earlier revisions of the grammar.

   2) Several minor spelling and typographical errors were fixed.

   3) Reworked the grammar to make it more readable. Hallvard Furuseth
   (University of Oslo) provided the new BNF.

   4) Excluded NUL from "safe" production.

   5) Changed "0,1*xxx" "0*1xxx" in compliance with RFC822.

   6) Fixed a glitch in the grammar that allowed multiple changetypes
   within a single LDIF change record. The intent is that only one
   changetype per change record is permitted.

   7) Fixed a mistake in example 2 (folded attribute value).

   8) The BNF now explicitly requires that zero-length attribute values
   be encoded as attribute-description ":" FILL SEP.

   9) Factored "changetype: FILL" out of the productions for change-add,
   change-delete, change-moddn, and change-modify.

   10) RFC 2251 permits an LDAP modify operation with no modifications,
   and also permits an attribute with no values. Although it's unclear
   what the purpose of these constructs might be, I altered the BNF to
   allow these to be described in LDIF.

   11) The BNF may now carry LDAP v3 controls in ldif-change-records.
   The "value-spec" production was factored out to allow it to be used
   in the definition of a control.

   12) Clarified the rules for line-folding to prohibit a line from
   being folded into two lines, the first of which is empty. This
   guarantees that the sequence SEP SEP terminates an LDIF record, and
   allows, for example, "perl -n00" to be used to read an entire LDIF
   record into the $_ variable.

Note that I have not revised the draft to include any requirements on ordering of entries.

-Gordon

--- Begin Message ---

--- End Message ---