Q: LDAP C API: LDAPAPIFeatureInfo.ldapaif_name

Section 8.2 page 11 says

ldapai_extensions
          A NULL-terminated array of character strings that
lists the
          names of the API extensions supported by the LDAP
API imple-
          mentation.

 These names will typically match the textual iden-
          tifiers that appear in the "x" portion of the
          LDAP_API_FEATURE_x macros described above,
although the pre-
          cise value MUST be defined by documents that
specify C LDAP
          API extensions.
<<
  If no API extensions are supported, this
          field will be set to NULL.  The caller is
responsible for
          disposing of the memory occupied by this array by
passing it
          to ldap_value_free() which is described later in
this docu-
          ment.  To retrieve more information about a
particular exten-
          sion, the ldap_get_option() call can be used with
an option

So if I have an extension for the controls identified with
the macros

#define LDAP_CONTROL_SORTREQUEST	"1.2.840.113556.1.4.473"
#define LDAP_API_FEATURE_X_CONTROL_SORTREQUEST		2001

This reads to me that one of the strings returned in
ldapai_extensions
is "CONTROL_SORTREQUEST". However it occurs to me that for
controls
the string could be its OID such as
"1.2.840.113556.1.4.473". Would this
be appropriate? I'm guessing not.