Re: ActiveDirectory schema

Jim,

In the context of replication, it would seem to me that the violation of
standard Object Classes is *really* important.

Cheers,              ....Erik.

-------------------------------
Erik Skovgaard
GeoTrain Corp.
LDAP & X.500 Traning and Planning Services
http://www.geotrain.com

At 11:00 1999-06-14 -0600, Jim Sermersheim wrote:

>>Is the concern about entries moving between
>>different vendors' servers ?
>
>I think that's one concern.  If servers are sharing information, and there
is an expectation that standard object classes remain static, surprises
happen when one server extends a standard object class.  On the other hand,
if a server uses aux classes to extend the attributes available to entries,
the other server will notice the extra class in the objectClass attribute
and examine its schema definition in order to discover the additional
attributes.