RE: ActiveDirectory schema

FYI (this is an excerpt from an article we wrote last year):

We encountered a number of difficulties in adding the RFC 2307 schema to Active Directory. Schema updating is disabled by default, and has to be enabled by removing a special ‘schema interlock’. Active Directory’s usefulness when deploying the RFC 2307 is limited by some fundamental design attributes of the directory.

Once we had worked around the above problems, we were able to test the internal build of ypldapd for NT successfully with a standard NIS client. The most useful (and least drastic) changes Microsoft could make would be to list auxiliary classes as values of objectClass, and to allow multi-valued naming attributes.

-- Luke