RE: Beginning taxonomy for finding LDAP servers.

At 10:09 1999-05-10 +1000, you wrote:
>Yes - but referrals are not viable if the client has to authenticate by
>name /password, etc  into the "referred to" servers. Unless the user has
>been preconfigured first.

Obviously you missed some of what I wrote.

It was not my intent to propose this approach as THE ONE.

I only wanted to point out that it is one, and IMHO a very suitable one,
for a specific set or circumstances.

I think Ryan's approach with gathering ways for finding LDAP servers
is valid, since there probably isn't one that is superior to all others in
every single instance.

-- Roland