Re: Comments on draft-ryan-java-schema-02

Thanks for your feedback Jeff.

The general model for a directory is to store (reference)
information about entities rather than storing the entities
themselves. Jarfiles are typically stored in a filesystem.
I'm not convinced that it'd be useful to store them in the
directory. However, there may be merit to storing a jarfile
manifest (and a reference to the jarfile) in the directory
- how would you see it being used in practice?

Regarding point 2 below, the existing javaClassName and
javaClassNames attributes are already searchable. They
describe an object in a well-defined manner. Introducing
a new attribute with type/value pairs would also require
the definition of its contents in order to be generally
useful. It'd be more in keeping with LDAP to define a
specific EJB schema rather than defining a general-purpose
object that describes itself by means of its type/value pairs.