Re: Submission of Internet Draft - Complex DirectoryLookupusingJ

I echo Thomas Salters statements, while a JVM is difficult to embed, the value of
its inclusion far surpasses the challenge of implementation.

JDAP/JNDI enabled byte code in the directory has ramifications which would surpass
the capability of ECMA. Tim Howes and Frank Chen may have a better insight, but I
would insist if ECMA is included that some provision for byte code exist. I think
we can envision a day (in the very near future) where Java is the preview of the
standards community. In the interim, I suggest making specifications for a base
common Java functionality (which includes JNDI/JDAP and a modular JVM ) and which
may abstract or minimize the threading issue

Marlin Pohlman