Re: Submission of Internet Draft - Complex Directory Lookup usingJavabased LDAP Query Extension

Hi,

I agree with Chris. To the draft of Vishal I think the example with
the X509 Certificate is not really true. If a Server implements the
MatchingRule for certificateMatch the Server can support the client
much better than described in the draft.

Helmut

Chris Tomlinson wrote:

> Perhaps rather than sending code to a server it would be reasonable to
> identify an extension to the filter syntax so that nested searches could be
> expressed in a manner similar to the nesting of 'selects' within an SQL
> 'where' clause.
>
> ciao,
> Christine Tomlinson
>
> Paul Leach wrote:
>
> > Is Java patent and license free, so that it can be incorporated in a
> > standards-track item?
> >
> > Regardless of the answer tothat, I think JavaScript is a more reasonable
> > form in which to send the code to the server.

begin:vcard
n:Volpers;Helmut
tel;fax:+49-89-63645860
tel;home:+49-89-1576588
tel;work:+49-89-63646713
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
adr:;;Otto-Hahn-Ring 6;Munich;;81730;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:Helmut.Volpers@icn.siemens.de
title:Directory Server Architect
x-mozilla-cpt:;15808