Re: Submission of Internet Draft - Complex Directory LookupusingJavabased LDAP Query Extension

There are certainly many applications that can be addressed via nested searches without generalized scripting. For cases of the sort that you mention LDAP provides a framework via the 'matchingRuleAssertion' to extend a server(s) with specific capabilties. In this conjuction it would be perhaps interesting to explore a matching rule expression language; however, a great deal of mileage could be gained by simply addressing nested searches as a means of improving overall system performance.

ciao,
Christine Tomlinson