Re: ldap_modrdn vs. ldap_modrdn2 in ldap-c-api-01.txt

I believe there was at least one implementation of 1823 which implemented
ldap_modrdn as described there, with the deleteoldrdn flag.   (For
our SDK we suggest that those porting to it from environments where they
were expecting 1823 to set a compile-time flag, otherwise we default to the
U-M LDAP 3.3 behavior).

>> I recommend that ldapmodrdn()/ldapmodrdn_s() be replaced U-Mich v3.3
>> prototypes/semantics ldap_modrdn()/ldap_modrdn_s/ldap_modrdn2/ldap_modrdn2_s().

> That sounds like the right thing to do to me.  Any objections?

That is OK with me, just note in the appendix of incompatibilites with 1823.

Mark Wahl, Directory Product Architect
Innosoft International, Inc.