Re: draft-ietf-ldapext-ldapv3-vlv-02.txt last call

This scheme seems to include more information than some implementations need (that's not bad, just more).  I'm interested in the definitions of vlvSearch and vlvIndex.  I haven't guessed what the vlvuses and numsubordinates attributes represent yet.
Using this, is it possible to specify that there's an index which is sorted by sn, where the search is unrestricted (base can be anywhere, search filter can be anything, any scope, etc)?

>>> David Boreham <dboreham@netscape.com> 12/17/98 10:08:05 PM >>>

>Here's an example of what we currently have:

>First, in the rootDSE:

<snip>