Re: draft-ietf-ldapext-ldapv3-vlv-02.txt last call

>>> David Boreham <dboreham@netscape.com> 12/17/98 6:10:41 PM >>>

>Hmm. The subject is different. In section 5 we're talking about
>how clients tell whether or not a server supports the control.
>How to tell this is defined in ldapv3. In section 7 we're
>talking about how a client can determine whether a given
>search it proposes to submit will be indexed or not.

Yikes, I read the section heading and skipped right to the last sentence.  My bad.  I was thinking about something similar today.  How does a client discover which attribute types are supported by the SSS control?  An attribute at the root DSE (call it supportedSortIndex) could hold the information (list of attribute types) .  Is this too limited?

Jim