the change log draft and the signed directory operations draft

As I see it, these two drafts  have significant overlaps.  They both
present object classes that are designed to represent changes that have
been applied to a directory entry.  Do we need both of these? The signed
directory operations draft provides a way to have the journal of changes
signed by either the client or server, at the expense of the overhead of
creating a signed object.  I think that we need only one approach.  Does
the group think that the journal of changes needs to have the ability to be
signed?  What should we do?

Bruce
Bruce Greenblatt              bruceg@innetix.com
http://www.innetix.com/~bruceg